Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Rainy Night

Tonight, tonight, won't be just any night, tonight there will be no morning star.

It was a gloomy night. When I came home, it was about 9. Getting down from the car, I did not really care the strong wind blowing my hair unkempt. After taking my bath, I went downstairs to accompany my friend.

I was resting on the couch, reading newspaper. Suddenly, out from nowhere, I heard the sharp splashing sound of water on the roof and the floor. Only then I realised that it was raining. I unlocked the grilled side door, walking out to the porch.

The downpour wasn't really torrential nor any lightning ensued. I like listening to the dropping sound of water. Amidst the spatter, there was drifting of piano played by my friend. The vibration of the tight thread in the piano was as if trying to mingle into the beats of the splattering, making its effort to create a better harmony. The dancing notes was squeezing and wading through the water.

The taste of the humid air tantalised my taste buds with fresh air vapour. The freezing breeze caressed my face and lips so gently and tenderly. I was so indulged in kissing the sweet air till I slowly pulled my eyelids, tasting them carefully. I gulped the cool air, deep breath by deep breath. My lungs could even tell that they were chilled with the fresh air.

I tried my best effort to pull up my eyelids, they had a strong repulsive force, telling me that they still had no long enough to enjoy the moment. Finally, when they gave in, I saw the silhouette of the nature creature flying across my garden. In the darkness, my down light in the porch seemed the only means to light up the whole garden. With the drifting of music from the inside, I could vaguely see the treble and bass clefs dancing in the rain.

I love rainy day. But how many busy people realise the beauty of it?

No comments: