Saturday, March 14, 2009

What is love?

Can anyone tell me what love actually is? Is that if you have a boy friend or a girl friend will show that you know what love is? Is that if you're engaged and it means that you know what love really is?

I've come across numerous kinds of people. Firstly, for those who engaged. The groom in his 80s, who is filthy rich, marries a women in her 20s. Are you sure both of them are really in love with each other? Well, for instance, take a look at those celebrities, particularly those eastern ones. How many times have they been divorcing and re-marrying? Do they really love each other when they get engaged? I doubt it.

Secondly, those teenagers. They used to say that they were in love with who, and who and who, but in the end, all were puppy loves and eventually ended up suffering or nothing. Do they really know what love is? If they cherish so much the love and the relationsip, why would they break up in the long run? The love was shared by some other people, maybe? Or they didn't really love each other though in relationship initially?

I do have a friend, best friend of mine, who always wanted to have a gf. He kept complaining that after living for 19 years and he felt himself was damn miserable because he didn't have a gf before. Is this the very particular person, no offence okay, really wants to be in relationship, just to fulfil his desire to have a gf or he will really love her? I don't know. Especially for the first love, do you really know what love is?

After so many years till now, I still can't find an answer to my question, what is love?

6 comments:

Justin [Wai Khan] said...

My instinct tells me that the friend you mentioned here is the one i know too who is quite close to me as well.. Hmm.. Correct me if im wrong..

James said...

haha...what do you think?

Justin [Wai Khan] said...

Hmm.. That means im correct.. =P

hojun said...

So now I have a good reason not to be in a relationship

ABC123 said...

I can sense hypocrisy in here.

=_=

James said...

Whom you mean?